Launched in September 2015, The Brown Agency, www.brownagency.co, is a modeling and talent agency based in Austin, Texas. They also have a location in Dallas, Texas. Justin Brown is the President of this agency.
Previously known as Wilhelmina Austin, The Brown Agency has open calls every Thursday from 3 to 4 pm at their location at 100 Congress Avenue, Suite 100, in Austin. If interested, you must bring a resume, a few pictures, and yourself. And if you think you can’t make it, you can submit online. They also have an online form to complete if you want to let them know you are coming.
The Brown Agency has grown so quickly that they are known worldwide now. With their objective to establish huge market expectations and standards within Central Texas, they have already delivered their talent and models to work for the biggest global brands, such as Dell, Toyota, Louis Vuitton, Loreal, and more. Many of their models have already been seen on the runways for Miami Swim Week, New York Fashion Week, Dallas Fashion Week, and Austin Fashion Week.
Many may wonder or doubt they can be a model. However, on this agency’s site, they show that models can range from size 0 to 16. They also can be of different heights as well, so you don’t have to be thin and tall to be one of their models. Yes, for some runways and shoots, having those attributes are required. But, there are different looks required for different jobs. Having said that, the following include some of The Brown Agency’s top books they receive along with each job’s major requirements:
High Fashion and Runway
- High Fashion and Runway- thin and tall women and fit and tall men are required. Males must be 5’11” to 6’2″, and females must be 5’8″ to 5’11”. Much practice in appropriate walking to represent the feel of the designers’ clothing is what designers want.
- Commercial Printt- this could be books, magazines, billboards, and more in which the advertisers are trying to connect to a certain audience. So, models could be tall, short, red hair, or blue hair- the requirements vary. Other than that, knowing how to pose and having a great smile are imperative.
- Plus Size- modeling that is on the rise and in demand, females must be size 10 to 16. However, for plus size modeling on the runway, you must still be at least 5’8″.
- Commercial Television- similar to commercial print, but acting is also required.
Real Life (Commercials, TV, Extras)
- Real Life (Commercials, TV, Extras)- this is real life, everyday people for TV programs and commercials. This could be families, grandparents, etc. A little acting is needed though.
Visit their Instagram account